After a lenthy period of prayer, discussion and reflection, our bishop has released a Pastoral Plan to guide the parishes of our Diocese over the next few years though six goals. For the next four months, we will focus on the second goal: To be an inviting and welcoming Church that fosters community.
- Our parish outreach out to parishioners through social and community events.
- Establishing a welcoming committee to enhance the experience of new parishioners and to reach out invitationally into the community.
- Reviewing the physical space of the office, church, and hall to assess how accessible and inviting it is.
- Implementing programs that promote the greater involvement of family and youth and engagement of Catholic schools.
- Offering programs that engage the gifts of the newly retired and the elders of the parish community.
- Enhancing parish communication strategies to facilitate contact among parishioners and build community.
- Supporting and working with lay organizations in the parish (such as Catholic Women’s League, Knights of Columbus, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Development and Peace, and prayer groups.)
It all begins with a discussion on Thursday, February 1st at 6:30pm in the Columbus Hall.
No need to sign up; those wishing the join the conversation need only show up.
Come with your ideas, your input and your love for sharing the Good News!